As the weather gets colder, many of us are looking for supplemental heat for our homes. To create a cozy atmosphere, nothing beats a little extra warmth.
I love electric fireplace heaters since they add a little something extra to that cozy feel: golden flames and fireside ambiance.
For the ease and price, you can’t top shopping for these heaters on Amazon. But I know that process can be a bit stressful, so the team here at fireplaces.net have done some research.
We’ve found the best fireplace heaters on Amazon based on manufacturer quality. We picked the top model in each of these categories: Overall, Budget Pick, Portable, Classic, and Modern.
Overall Best: Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove
This freestanding electric fireplace produces 5,200BTUs of heat. The infrared quartz heating element produces a comfortable heat that doesn’t dry out the air.
The heater has a digital adjustable thermostat thermostat for ultimate comfort. Should the unit overheat, it will shut down completely so you can enjoy peace of mind while the heater is on.
The specialty flame effects dance on and behind the logs; the stove has glass side panels for a greater viewing area. The flames have adjustable color, brightness, and speed settings.
This unit is our overall best pick for selling over a thousand units monthly on Amazon. With thousands of good reviews (4.6 stars) and a competitive price point, this unit can’t be beat.
Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove with Remote Control - Portable Indoor Space Heater - DFI-5010 (Black)
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet to help you save money
- Patent pending 3D flame effect technology features realistic flames that dance on and behind the logs, including five adjustable color, brightness, and speed settings
- The infrared quartz heat helps to maintain the natural humidity in the air, resulting in comfortable heat without drying out the room's
- Overheat protection, heater will instantly shut off to prevent overheating. Volts : 120. Amps : 12.5
- Adjustable, digital thermostat allows you to decide the temperature of your room
Budget Pick: TURBRO Compact Suburbs Electric Fireplace Stove
At just $79.42 and with over a thousand reviews (4.4 stars), this TURBRO model was an easy choice as our budget pick.
The unit produces 4,777BTUs. It’s a compact unit so it saves on space and sacrifices just a bit on heat output.
The heating elements are on the bottom of the stove so the unit will never be hot to the touch. Should the unit overheat, it will automatically shut off.
The realistic flame effect can be operated separately from the heat. It’s only 13 pounds so it can be moved easily if need be.
Overall, if you’re looking to save some cash, this is a great unit! What you sacrifice in flame customization, size, and heat, you make up for in price.
TURBRO Suburbs TS17 Compact Electric Fireplace Stove, Freestanding Stove Heater with Realistic Flame - CSA Certified - Overheating Safety Protection - for Small Spaces - 18" 1400W
$97.07 in stock
13 used from $51.97
- Toasty Fireplace: There’s no better feeling than relaxing by the fireplace on a cold, winter evening as you sip a steaming cup of hot cocoa. Stay warm this winter with the efficient 4,777 BTU heat output of a TURBRO Suburbs electric stove.
- Flame Control: Create a charming fireside environment without the mess and smoke of a real fire. The flame effect can be turned on separately from the heat to help you set the mood when the heater is not needed.
- Safe to Touch: The heating element is located on the bottom so the body of the stove is always cool to the touch, no matter how long it has been running.
- Easy to Use: Simply flip the switch to turn on the heating element, turn the knob to your desired temperature, and your room will start heating up in seconds.
- Overheat Protection: Overheating protection automatically shuts the heater off if the internal temperature gets too hot. The TURBRO Suburbs heater is CSA certified to be safe for use in North America.
Best for Portability: Air Choice Mini Fireplace Stove
This is a tiny unit measuring just 9x6x10 inches. It provides supplemental heat without being hot to the touch. If it overheats or tips over, it will shut off automatically.
This electric heater is easily portable, but has a sturdy metal frame. It’s flame effects provide ambiance, and you can keep the flame going even when you turn the heat off.
With a couple hundred good reviews, this unit is perfect if you want to stay warm on the go.
Fireplace Heater - Electric Fireplace Heater with 3s Fast Heating System, 500W Portable Fireplace Heaters for Indoor Use, Quartz Fireplace Heaters with Overheat Tip-Over Protection for bedroom
- 【Fast Heating in 3 SECONDS 】 Air Choice infrared fireplace heater uses energy-efficient infrared technology that produces an instant warmth IN 3 SECONDS without running up your utility bills. With infrared technology, the infrared heater maintains the room’s natural humidity — that means no harsh, dry air! Size: 9.1in. (W) x 6in. (D) x 9.9 in. (H)
- 【EASY TO USE 】 Air Choice portable electric heater is easy to use, Plug and heat. You can enjoy this winter in warm space.
- 【100% Safe with Tip-over & Overheating Protection】This infrared fireplace heater stays cool to the touch, so you don’t have to worry about your kids or pets playing near it. Should the unit overheat or tip-over, it will automatically shut off. Both tip-over and overheating protections allow you to sit back, relax, moving, working and does not need to worried about it all the time, you and your family will be safe as well as warm.
- 【Warm You Anywhere with Portable Size】 The portable infrared fireplace measures 9" and 10" high and has a sturdy metal frame. The space heater is so compact but provide supplemental heat for a space up to 500 square feet. You can easy to move from room-to-room as needed. You really can’t go wrong with this Air Choice electric fireplace heater for use in homes, campers, dorms, offices, or anywhere an extra temporary heat source is needed.
- 【Christmas Decorations with 3D Fake Fireplace Flame】 Air Choice Fake Fireplace heater looks incredibly similar to a real wood stove. The electric fireplace heater is powered by an LED light that lasts up to 50,000 hours. And the front features glass doors allow you to view the fake bed of embers and dancing flames, making it totally a charming addition to your rustic or old-world decor.
Best Classic Fireplace: PuraFlame Western Electric Fireplace Insert
This is made to be installed into a pre-existing fireplace in your home. This gives it the classic feel of a wood burning or gas fire. It comes in multiple sizes to fit just about any fireplace.
The interior of the fireplace has a brick front to accentuate that real-fire fee;. The log set is on a grate with an ember bed beneath.
The flames have settings with variable intensity and brightness. The flame setting operates separate from the heat so you can enjoy the ambiance year-round.
The fireplace also comes with six crackling sound effects to provide more of that fireside ambiance. The unit comes with a remote control so you can adjust all the settings from the comfort of your couch.
The fireplace gives out about 5,000BTUs, a supplemental heat for rooms up to 400 square feet. It has a thermostat for easy control of the heat output. The unit itself will not be hot to the touch.
This unit is super easy to install and can even operate on its own, without an existing fireplace.
This is a great unit for homes with a masonry wood burning fireplace. If you’re looking for a simpler way to enjoy a fire, this might be the solution.
PuraFlame sells hundreds of this model every month, and it has thousands of good reviews. This is the perfect classic model for an evening by the fire.
PuraFlame 30 Inches Western Electric Fireplace Insert with Fire Crackling Sound, Remote Control, 750/1500W, Black
- Overall dimensions: Width: 31 89/100" x Height: 24 61/100" x Depth: 8 39/50". For more dimension details, please refer to "User Manual" in "Technical Specification" section.
- 3 flame settings with variable intensity and brightness can be used with or without heat all year long; 100% energy saving LED technology. A sleek look with three-sided interior brick wall and clean glass front trim design, without the hassle of cleaning dust or ashes.
- Life-like resin log which is 11 13/16" high sitting on the grate above ember bed, that's just what a wood burning fireplace looks like.
- Adjustable thermostat; A supplemental heat for up to 400 sq. ft. CANNOT be used as a main heat source; Remote control provided for easy operation.
- Easy to install and uninstall. With flat bottom, the insert can just sit on the floor directly; Plug in and use under a voltage of 120, CANNOT be hard wired. One year warranty but customer service is always ready for help whenever you need.
A Modern Space Heater: The R.W.FLAME Wall-Mounted Electric Fireplace
This unit can either be hung on the wall or recessed into it. Either way, it is a unique statement piece for your living room.
The flames have five speeds, five levels of brightness, 12 ember bed colors, and 12 flame color choices. You can have a real flame look or a more modern colored flame depending on the setting.
The unit comes with a low and high speed setting for comfort control. You can control all these settings with a touch screen on the fireplace or remote control.
This fireplace comes equipped with auto-heat kill safety to avoid overheating. It also comes in multiple lengths for ultimate customization.
R.W.FLAME sells over a thousand units a month in this model, and it has hundreds of good reviews. It will be the perfect heater for your modern home.
R.W.FLAME 50 inch Recessed and Wall Mounted,The Thinnest Electric Fireplace,Low Noise, Fit for 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 Stud, Remote Control with Timer,Touch Screen,Adjustable Flame Color and Speed
$314.49 in stock
1 used from $311.35
- Attractive and Practical Design:50"L x 18.11"H x3.89 "W ,The thickness of the new style is only 3.85 inch while the old one is 6 inch. And it opearates the same as the old one. Also we redesign the location of main power and power cable, which makes the new fireplace more attractive and practical.
- Multi Operation Modes:Touch screen and remote control;12 flame & LED flame bed color modes;5 flame speed modes;5 flame brightness levels; Specially automatic flame design(the flame color and brightness changed
- Energy Saving: 750W & 1500W modes can be adjusted accordingly for both warm and energy saving purpose. The supplemental zone heating is for up to 400 square feet.
- Safety and comfort: ETL Certificate Approved. It also has auto-heat kill safety to avoid the super heating. The heat is good for maintaining the natural humidity within the air without making the room too dry.
- Consider buying one set for your sweet home. Let R.W.FLAME electric fireplace warm your home and life.
Why Buy? Thoughts on Electric Space Heaters
An electric heater is a great addition to any space that needs a little extra warmth. Especially during winter months, it can be expensive to keep your whole house warm. A space heater allows you to add heat to the busiest spaces in your home without a huge heating bill.
Electric fireplace heaters are fantastic because you get heat plus cozy ambiance. The gold flames and crackling sounds provide fireside feels to your space while the heater keeps you warm.
Electric fireplace technology has come a long way. Originally, these models had ugly, flat flame effects.
Recent developments, however, have significantly improved the flame effects. Many models like the ones we’ve offered here have quite realistic flame effects that bring a traditional wood-burning feel to your space.
When you consider the price along with these factors, it’s apparent why these units are such a fantastic addition to almost any home. You can buy models under $100, but even the best models are under $400.
With value like this, an electric fireplace space heater is a great investment. Chilly weather is just around the corner.
What Model to Buy
It can be difficult to decide the right model for your home. Following these simple guidelines makes the process just a bit easier:
For the Modern Home:
If you have a modern space with a minimalist design, a wall mount fireplace is an excellent choice. These stand-out models make the perfect eye-catching piece to pull a room together.
These models often come with multiple flame color choices and crystals to finish the modern feel.
For the Rustic/Farmhouse Home:
If you have a more rustic space or cabin, an electric stove may be just what you need. These freestanding units bring me back to a time before central heating was standard. They really add to the rustic feel of a space.
For the wood burning fire lover:
If you hate parting with your wood burning fire, an electric fireplace insert is a good replacement. These units fit right into a pre-existing masonry fireplace, adding to that real-fire feel.
These units offer the dancing flames of a real wood fire with none of the hassle of clean up or start up. Check out this article for more information on the differences between wood and electric fires.
Efficient and just costing pennies to operate, the electric fireplace heater is a great option for chilly days and nights. If you’re looking for a way to stay warm this winter, consider the benefits of an electric heater for your home.Fireplaces.net is a partner in multiple affiliate programs. Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.